Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Progress on the auto-walker



I spent most of yesterday just hitting dead ends.  My code became far too complex and it was almost impossible to find bugs.  I went for a full re-factor of the walking algorithm and now I'm getting much smoother motion.  It takes a few frames of pre-roll to get the legs in order - notice some jittering in the first second or so as legs are hurriedly placed to stabilise the bug.  By stabilisation I mean that if all the legs on one side of the bug (or in any given 'leg group' set by the user) become lifted then the algorithm will hurriedly place the leg which has been airborne the longest to keep the bug upright.  Still no body motion, but I've made a preliminary start on leg sequencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment