Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Things That Go Bump In The Shed



Thank god for Bullet Rigid Body Sim, saving animators' time.  Only 38 crashes and two corrupted files (thankfully I had backups) later and I've got a second and a half of falling spades to show for it (I've hidden all the characters by the way, so as not to spoil any surprises).  Sometimes I think there are demons in my computer.

Those warped meshes on the right aren't me forgetting how to model, they're just shadow catchers for the comp over the matte painted backgrounds which should be pretty funky.

Big thanks to this post on blenderunderground which reminded me how to use Bullet - its been a long time.  Looking forward to a merge of Aligorith's Bullet GSOC soon.

Edit: on second thoughts, this had my little brother and I in stitches... we're easily amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment